Suspects at large after fatal drive-by night club shooting in northwest Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man is dead and the suspects are on the run after a deadly shooting Sunday morning outside a bar in northwest Houston.
It happened in the 3800 block of Mangum near Highway 290. An argument between two groups of men ended in a hail of gunfire from the street.
Houston Police Department detectives spent Sunday morning retracing the scene of the crime, trying to figure out what happened. Witnesses told them the argument started in the parking lot around 2am.
"There was a male on foot," HPD Homicide Det. Kevin Carr said. "Male on foot got into it with some people in a vehicle. We don't know why that happened."
The car pulled away, but that wasn't the end of it. Investigators say one of the men in the car pulled out a gun.
"As the vehicle was leaving, there was someone seen sticking up out of the sunroof. Fired several rounds," Carr said. "The complainant was struck twice."
Detectives say the victim's friends took him to Memorial Hermann Northwest Hospital where he died four hours later.
Police will be looking at surveillance video to see if they caught any images of the suspects.
"There's only one camera, and we're going to have our video people come back and review it in the morning," Carr said.
Police at this point don't know much about the suspects -- only that they were seen leaving the area in a small gray car with a sunroof. They're asking anyone with information about the crime to call HPD or Crime Stoppers.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, simon gutierrez
- Police investigating attempted smash-and-grab 26 min ago
- Photos: 7 big brands that are stuggling 31 min ago
- Outlet mall shoppers get Sunday scare
- Teen fatally shot remembered in service in Spring
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Sketch released of suspect in elderly woman assault 1 min ago
- 'Dancing With the Stars' season 18 kicks off tonight 35 min ago
- Residents jump from windows to escape apartment fire 17 min ago
- St. Patrick's Day traditions decoded 15 min ago
- Keep grays at bay with root touch-up products
- Crimea votes to secede from Ukraine
- Canada-Mexico flight makes emergency Montana stop
- Fiat recalling more than 18,000 2014 Fiat 500Ls
- Cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Travis Herzog's Monday weather forecast
42 min ago
- Reviving Historic Fifth Ward
19 min ago