Suspects at large after fatal drive-by night club shooting in northwest Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man is dead and the suspects are on the run after a deadly shooting Sunday morning outside a bar in northwest Houston.
It happened in the 3800 block of Mangum near Highway 290. An argument between two groups of men ended in a hail of gunfire from the street.
Houston Police Department detectives spent Sunday morning retracing the scene of the crime, trying to figure out what happened. Witnesses told them the argument started in the parking lot around 2am.
"There was a male on foot," HPD Homicide Det. Kevin Carr said. "Male on foot got into it with some people in a vehicle. We don't know why that happened."
The car pulled away, but that wasn't the end of it. Investigators say one of the men in the car pulled out a gun.
"As the vehicle was leaving, there was someone seen sticking up out of the sunroof. Fired several rounds," Carr said. "The complainant was struck twice."
Detectives say the victim's friends took him to Memorial Hermann Northwest Hospital where he died four hours later.
Police will be looking at surveillance video to see if they caught any images of the suspects.
"There's only one camera, and we're going to have our video people come back and review it in the morning," Carr said.
Police at this point don't know much about the suspects -- only that they were seen leaving the area in a small gray car with a sunroof. They're asking anyone with information about the crime to call HPD or Crime Stoppers.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, simon gutierrez
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety 12 min ago
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Ice and snow frustrate US holiday travel rush
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?