11 people injured in fiery 2-vehicle collision in southeast Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police say 11 people were injured in a two-vehicle collision Sunday in southeast Houston.
The fiery crash happened just after noon Sunday on the South Loop East feeder at Crestmont.
According to investigators, the accident involved a minivan and a station wagon. Police are still working to determine exactly what happened, but said someone ran a red light.
After the accident, the station wagon burst into flames. Officers are not sure why. They said that is part of the investigation.
Eleven people were injured between the two vehicles. The youngest person transported was eight years old, but police said the most severe injury was a broken leg.
Everyone got out before the second vehicle burst into flames.
From here, police are gathering statements and trying to figure out who was at fault in the accident.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, christine dobbyn
- Woman found dead inside burned out home
- Six UH students reportedly robbed on campus 57 min ago
- Three Webster officers accused of using excessive force 16 min ago
- HPD: Husband dies in attempted murder-suicide
- Man accused of plotting to detonate bomb at Wichita airport 38 min ago
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch
- Fugitive Friday: Help find suspect in sexual assault of child
- Swimmer nabs monster lobster with bare hands
- Astronaut may get Christmas wish for spacewalk
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Sales brisk for tonight's $425M Mega Millions game
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa
- Beyonce's holiday surprise
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos