Man locked in car trunk during robbery outside after hours club on Washington
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston police are asking for the public's help in locating two suspects wanted in the robbery and kidnapping of two men at 700 Washington about 1:45am Sunday.
One victim, David Obregon, 21, was forced into the trunk of his vehicle where he later freed himself. The second victim, John Calderon, 22, fled the scene. Neither man was injured during the incident. Police say two men, David Obregon, 21, and John Calderon, 22, parked on the street in order to visit an after hours club. As Calderon parked, Obregon went to put money in the parking meter. They were then approached by two armed men who ordered them to lie on the ground.
Both victims complied and the suspect then took Calderon's wallet and cell phone, according to police. The suspects then ordered him to run toward the bayou. Calderon told police that he ran, found someone with a phone and called for help. He was not able to tell officers the location of the vehicle.
Meanwhile, Obregon reportedly was told by one of the suspects to get up and walk to the car, where he was robbed of his wallet and phone. Obregon said the suspect then opened the trunk and told him to get in at gunpoint. The suspect then told him that his friend would return in a few minutes and let him out. Obregon said he remained in the trunk for several hours before freeing himself with a tire tool.
Around 7:30am, Obregon freed himself and flagged down a patrol officer. The suspects are described only as two black male suspects carrying pistols. Neither victim was injured.
Anyone with information regarding this case is urged to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back 45 min ago
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects
- Mom confesses to killing 3 young daughters 16 min ago
- Jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu 31 min ago
- Pre-St. Pat's bash erupts into chaos 25 min ago
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou