Man locked in car trunk during robbery outside after hours club on Washington
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston police are asking for the public's help in locating two suspects wanted in the robbery and kidnapping of two men at 700 Washington about 1:45am Sunday.
One victim, David Obregon, 21, was forced into the trunk of his vehicle where he later freed himself. The second victim, John Calderon, 22, fled the scene. Neither man was injured during the incident. Police say two men, David Obregon, 21, and John Calderon, 22, parked on the street in order to visit an after hours club. As Calderon parked, Obregon went to put money in the parking meter. They were then approached by two armed men who ordered them to lie on the ground.
Both victims complied and the suspect then took Calderon's wallet and cell phone, according to police. The suspects then ordered him to run toward the bayou. Calderon told police that he ran, found someone with a phone and called for help. He was not able to tell officers the location of the vehicle.
Meanwhile, Obregon reportedly was told by one of the suspects to get up and walk to the car, where he was robbed of his wallet and phone. Obregon said the suspect then opened the trunk and told him to get in at gunpoint. The suspect then told him that his friend would return in a few minutes and let him out. Obregon said he remained in the trunk for several hours before freeing himself with a tire tool.
Around 7:30am, Obregon freed himself and flagged down a patrol officer. The suspects are described only as two black male suspects carrying pistols. Neither victim was injured.
Anyone with information regarding this case is urged to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Thieves slash bank customer's tire, nab purse
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Most insane job interview ever
- Firetruck plows into LA-area cafe; 15 hurt 23 min ago
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced 49 min ago
- German Shepherd called to jury duty in New Jersey 21 min ago
- Robber who was homesick for prison to be sentenced 7 min ago
- Fears rise for missing in SKorea ferry sinking 28 min ago
- All 'View' co-hosts will salute Barbara Walters 49 min ago
- Study: Diabetic heart attacks and strokes falling