Man robs teens at gunpoint in southeast Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Two teens are attacked while walking back home after a jog, and the victims believe the suspect was caught on camera. Now, police are looking for the man.
The girls say the suspect came out of a southeast Houston convenience store and caught them off guard.
Up until a month ago, Alex Rosas took risks many of us wouldn't.
"I thought I was invincible like any teenager," she said.
The 17-year-old learned the hard way.
"Terrifying, I felt like I could lose my life at any second," Rosas said.
She and her friend were walking home from a park along Beamer near Fuqua. She says it was around 10pm on May 29 when a young man confronted them at gunpoint.
"He cocks it and puts it to my friend's head and says, 'Give me all your (expletive),'" she said.
The two girls turned over their cell phones and he was gone. Houston police pulled surveillance photos from the convenience store where the clerk says the armed robber bought a lighter moments before. While not the clearest pictures, Rosas hopes his clothes and hat get him caught.
"Just put him away. I mean he can do that to anyone and anything could happen to someone else. Somebody could lose their lives over something stupid," Rosas said.
The robbery has changed her habits. She wants it to change yours too.
"Don't be outside by yourself at all or anyone late at night because anything can happen," Rosas said.
The suspect is young, between the ages of 18 and 20 years old.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Houston police.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, jessica willey
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- River Oaks residents fighting to stop office building 23 min ago
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names
- Rice U police officers cleared of wrongdoing in man's arrest 24 min ago
- Mateo states his case for cupcakes for dinner
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Woman takes out frustration on Pennsylvania reporter
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- NJ honor student who sued parents returns home 29 min ago
- Nutrition and supplement maker Herbalife facing FTC intquiry 29 min ago