Son accused of killing Webster flower shop owner out on bond
WEBSTER, TX (KTRK) -- A Webster man accused of murdering his mother inside her flower shop is out on bond.
Mark Dickey, 44, posted a $50,000 bond Monday morning. Police say he shot his mother in the head inside the office of her Webster flower shop earlier this month. Dickey made the 911 call reporting a robbery in progress.
Prosecutor Bill Exley said, "When officers arrived on scene they found a number of things about his account were not true, most significantly nothing of value was missing from the robbery location and the murder weapon was still at the location."
So far, there's no information on what may have led to the shooting.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents beaten to death 24 min ago
- Three charged over duct-taped kids at Buc-ees
- Jailer accused of sneaking smokes, snacks
- Former Houston cop facing drug charges
- Madison students on alert after reported abduction
- 5 former Buffalo Bills cheerleaders sue over pay 27 min ago
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- 'Felony Lane Gang' targeting women's purses
- Big reward for sex assault suspect who missed court date
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- YouTube turns 9 today!
- Travis Herzog's Wednesday weather forecast
33 min ago