Pedestrian dies after being struck by vehicle in NW Harris County
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Investigators are trying to determine why a man was standing in the road and ended up being run down by a driver in northwest Harris County last night.
It happened around 11:30pm on FM 1960 at Aldine Westfield. The victim was killed instantly. Precinct 4 deputy constables are not sure if the man was trying to cross the road or if he was walking on the road.
The driver stopped to help and is not expected to face charges.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home
- Parents sue city of Houston over daughter's death
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Houston police gain powerful new weapon
- Congress passes bill that will avoid future govt. shutdowns 46 min ago
- METRO offering new way to get around town 13 min ago
- Keenum out; Schaub to start against Broncos 58 min ago
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- 2013 brought surprises, good and bad, to viewers
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- Photos: Blind man and dog fall on subway tracks
- One dead, others injured in Baytown wreck