Mom accused of leaving kids alone in Rosenberg motel due in court
ROSENBERG, TX (KTRK) -- A mother is expected to face a judge today in Fort Bend County. She's accused of leaving her children alone in a motel room.
The four young kids were discovered in a room at the Woodland Inn and Suites in Rosenberg yesterday. The mother, Sarah Gonzales, is just 25 years old.
The state took custody of her four children and turned them over to relatives for the time being.
Investigators say they got a tip yesterday that Gonzales left the children, ranging in age from 6 months to 9 years old, alone in the room. Gonzales arrived at the motel while officers were investigating.
"During the course of the investigation, we found out that she had left the children alone in the room several times throughout the day, ranging anywhere from 25 minutes to well over an hour," Rosenberg Police Department Asst. Chief Dallis Warren said.
Neighbors say they believe the mom had been living at the motel for about a month.
Gonzales was arrested and charged with four counts of endangering a child. She could face more charges, depending on how many times she left the children alone and for how long.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, sonia azad
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- Chase suspect crashes into tree in NW Houston
- Keenum out; Schaub to start against Broncos 18 min ago
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- New cameras to help cops settle disputes
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- Feds to reduce stimulus due to improving job market 29 min ago
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Man wanted in deadly W. Harris Co. shooting turns self in
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier