Man arrested after smash-and-grab in Pearland, chase
PEARLAND, TX (KTRK) -- One man is in custody and four others sought after a smash-and-grab burglary early Thursday morning in Pearland followed by a chase.
Shortly after 3am, Pearland police say they received a call from an alarm company for the CVS Pharmacy in the 11600 block of Shadow Creek Parkway. The caller said that a green truck had smashed into the business and four people tried to steal the ATM inside.
When Pearland police arrived, they noticed a green Ford F-150 traveling northbound on Highway 288 from Shadow Creek Parkway. Two Pearland PD units tried to stop the driver, later identified as Marcus Duane Jordan, 36.
Police say Jordan exited the freeway and then got back on, trying to get away. The chase then went north on 288, north on 59 and then west on 610.
Jordan then reportedly got out of the truck in the 4600 block of Shreveport and tried to flee on foot. He was apprehended after a brief foot chase.
Jordan is charged with Criminal Mischief between $20,000 and $100,000, a third degree felony. He'll also be charged with Evading Arrest, according to Pearland police.
Investigators say they're working to identify the other suspects.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County 22 min ago
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston
- Fatal multi-vehicle wreck shuts down 290 at Grand Parkway 10 min ago
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck 41 min ago
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston
- Man allegedly seen on video during burglary charged