Galvston Co. inmate dies after complaining of illness
GALVESTON, TX (KTRK) -- A prisoner died in the Galveston County Jail after complaining he was not feeling well.
The 39-year-old prisoner's name was withheld until his family could be notified. He complained he was feeling ill to a deputy. He then fell unconscious on the floor.
The jail medical staff tried to revive him. He was taken to the University of Texas Medical Branch, where he was pronounced dead.
Autopsy results are still pending.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Katy blows late lead, falls to Cedar Hill in title game
- Allen tops Pearland 63-28, defends 5A D-I title
- Aledo beats Brenham 38-10 for 4th title in 5 years
- Things you didn't know about reindeer