Suburban crashes into convenience store in Humble
HUMBLE, TX (KTRK) -- An Humble supermarket wasn't planning on adding a drive-through, but that didn't stop a vehicle from crashing through one of its walls Saturday morning.
It happened at A-1 Supermarket in the 100 block of Atascosita Road just outside Beltway 8 and east of the Eastex Freeway.
Surveillance video caught the accident on camera.
According to store owner Muhammad Ashraf, a Chevrolet Suburban was going at least 80mph when it went over a grass median, through the convenience store parking lot and into the building.
The vehicle left a big hole in the wall and plenty to clean up inside the store. A clerk says he was in the back of the store when the crash happened.
"We got lucky," Ashraf said. "It could have been really bad. No one was up front or here, so we are really lucky he didn't hit anybody."
Ashraf tells us there were two people in the car -- a male driver and female passenger -- and both were transported to the hospital with unknown injuries. We're told police also found drugs in the vehicle.
Police are investigating what caused the crash. No additional details were available.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Girl finds mother shot to death in SW Houston 18 min ago
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Dog rescued from fire in Conroe 29 min ago
- Apartments under construction burn in 2-alarm blaze
- Dad's murder trial too much for him to watch
- Texans fire special teams coach Joe Marciano
- Homeowner questions handling of Christmas package
- Methodist: Personal info of 1,300 transplant patients stolen
- Ice to linger over much of Texas 10 min ago
- Officer who fired at van with kids in it terminated
- Video: Dog shoplifts and buries treats
- Katy rolls to playoff win over Manvel
24 min ago