Suburban crashes into convenience store in Humble
HUMBLE, TX (KTRK) -- An Humble supermarket wasn't planning on adding a drive-through, but that didn't stop a vehicle from crashing through one of its walls Saturday morning.
It happened at A-1 Supermarket in the 100 block of Atascosita Road just outside Beltway 8 and east of the Eastex Freeway.
Surveillance video caught the accident on camera.
According to store owner Muhammad Ashraf, a Chevrolet Suburban was going at least 80mph when it went over a grass median, through the convenience store parking lot and into the building.
The vehicle left a big hole in the wall and plenty to clean up inside the store. A clerk says he was in the back of the store when the crash happened.
"We got lucky," Ashraf said. "It could have been really bad. No one was up front or here, so we are really lucky he didn't hit anybody."
Ashraf tells us there were two people in the car -- a male driver and female passenger -- and both were transported to the hospital with unknown injuries. We're told police also found drugs in the vehicle.
Police are investigating what caused the crash. No additional details were available.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into barber shop
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course