After merger, HISD adds North Forest schools to meal program
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Children in the North Forest community will be able to participate in the Houston Independent School District's free summer meal program from July 8 to August 1.
Free breakfast and lunch will be available for children ages 1 to 18 at any of the participating campuses. Breakfast will be served from 7:30-8:30am, and lunch from 11:30am-1pm Monday-Thursday at the following campuses:
Shadydale El, 5905 Tidwell
Hilliard El, 8115 E Houston
Forest Brook Md, 7525 Tidwell
North Forest HS, 10725 Mesa Dr.
Children do not need to be enrolled in summer school or show proof of income in order to receive a free meal. Adults may also participate by purchasing breakfast for $2 and lunch for $3.25.
The Summer Meal Program ensures that children have access to the food they need in order to return to school physically and mentally prepared to learn. All meals are nutritionally analyzed to ensure children receive the vitamins, minerals, and calories needed to maintain a balanced diet.
For more information, please call 713-491-5944. A list of the 2013 HISD summer meal locations in the North Forest area is provided below.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
north forest isd, houston isd, local
- NASA hopes to avoid emergency spacewalk on ISS 14 min ago
- Woman's life spared by inches in freak accident
- Cyclists ride to honor woman killed in hit-and-run
- Witnesses pull woman from fiery wreck
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft 14 min ago
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- California man accused of running 'revenge porn' site
- Motorcyclist dies after colliding with car 54 min ago
- Are more Doritos-flavored foods on the way?
- Astrodome to be considered historic landmark
- No jail for teen whose lawyers argued 'affluenza'
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- Woman jailed over nasty note in lipstick
8 min ago