Camera catches mom with stroller stealing package from Katy-area front door
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- What happened to an online shopping order that was delivered to my door? That is the question that led one Katy-area man to discover a thief, and now he needs help catching her.
The homeowner in Morton Ranch was ready to chalk up the theft as a loss until he saw the video of it and the baby who was part of the scheme.
Bruno Lopes wasn't expecting any guests on that day in May, but a few still stopped by, making an unwanted and even unbelievable visit.
"That is terrible, seriously," Lopes said.
It was mid-afternoon when his security cameras recorded what appears to be a mother with two young men on the lookout as they stole a package from Lopes' doorstep. In it was about $600 worth of watches. And the cover was a baby; they wheel away the loot in the stroller.
"A young mother with a newborn over there? That's messed up," Lopes said.
Another angle shows the group approaching and the last glimpse of them shows them casually leaving. Ever since, Lopes has been extra careful about deliveries.
"Every time I order a package now I make sure I stay home," he said.
And he advises others to do the same.
"Put out a note whenever you're ordering a package, 'Knock at the door. If there's nobody home, take it back and bring it the next day,'" Lopes said.
Lopes and his wife have reported the theft to the Harris County Sheriff's Office. Anyone with information about it asked to contact them.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, jessica willey
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena 5 min ago
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant 27 min ago
- Is Pearland mom the most 'unstoppable?'
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing
- Federal government could get involved in school fight
- Dying child receives experimental drug