Authorities to patrol lakes, streets July 4 weekend for drunken drivers
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Many people will enjoy some alcohol over the Fourth of July holiday, but local law enforcement want to make sure you are safe on the streets and while boating on the water.
That's why Houston police and members of the parks department will be patrolling area lakes, looking for boaters who are piloting boats while drinking.
The Harris County District Attorney's Office will also have stations set up to take mandatory blood draws of boaters who appear to be intoxicated.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Brightening the holiday for underprivileged kids 50 min ago
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- SW Houston family loses puppy in overnight fire
- Boy, 10, dies after being trapped in snowbank
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Three Webster officers go before judge today