Authorities to patrol lakes, streets July 4 weekend for drunken drivers
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Many people will enjoy some alcohol over the Fourth of July holiday, but local law enforcement want to make sure you are safe on the streets and while boating on the water.
That's why Houston police and members of the parks department will be patrolling area lakes, looking for boaters who are piloting boats while drinking.
The Harris County District Attorney's Office will also have stations set up to take mandatory blood draws of boaters who appear to be intoxicated.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident