Authorities to patrol lakes, streets July 4 weekend for drunken drivers
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Many people will enjoy some alcohol over the Fourth of July holiday, but local law enforcement want to make sure you are safe on the streets and while boating on the water.
That's why Houston police and members of the parks department will be patrolling area lakes, looking for boaters who are piloting boats while drinking.
The Harris County District Attorney's Office will also have stations set up to take mandatory blood draws of boaters who appear to be intoxicated.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- weather: Storms moving through southeast Texas
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Smash and grab burglar targets tattoo parlor
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Hail storm moved quickly across viewing area 8 min ago
- TDCJ van carrying prisoners crashes near El Campo 32 min ago
- Armed robber was never told to report to prison
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- Chip in at Chipotle for Discovery Green
- Most insane job interview ever
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast
- No sew: Create Easter tutus on the cheap
- Hail comes down in Stafford
50 min ago