Phone thieves out on the prowl at Friendswood gym
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- People who work out at the 24-Hour Fitness in Friendswood are being asked to be more careful with their cell phones.
At least 15 cell phones have been stolen from the gym on Parkwood Avenue near Friendswood Drive in the last few weeks.
So far one person has been arrested, but police say that hasn't ended the thefts.
The crooks appear to be after iPhones left in bags along the court by people who are playing basketball.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Brightening the holiday for underprivileged kids
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- SW Houston family loses puppy in overnight fire
- Boy, 10, dies after being trapped in snowbank
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Three Webster officers go before judge today