Sentencing in deadly Halloween party shooting brings outburst in court
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- We have new information in a deadly Halloween shooting three years ago.
The suspect in that case, Carlos Marquez, was convicted and sentenced to 10 years behind bars. There were emotional moments in the courtroom as the victims' parents reacted to the sentence.
Loreal Castro, 17, was killed when Marquez opened fire outside a party in October 2010.
Castro's family says while they are not satisfied with the sentencing, it does bring some closure.
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Police: Woman tried to abduct boy walking to school
- HFD vehicle involved in deadly accident
- ABC13 gets exclusive tour of home after drug bust
- Neighbors forced to pull up community garden
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Arrested partiers claim Galveston police went too far
- HPD officer involved in northeast Houston crash
- Fire engulfs northeast Houston home
- Obama imposes sanctions over Ukraine crisis
- Man to be tried as adult for deadly childhood attack
- Two arrested in deadly hit-and-run on FM 1960
- Woman asleep in Bieber's rented home arrested
- Woman's mummified body found at Detroit-area home