Sentencing in deadly Halloween party shooting brings outburst in court
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- We have new information in a deadly Halloween shooting three years ago.
The suspect in that case, Carlos Marquez, was convicted and sentenced to 10 years behind bars. There were emotional moments in the courtroom as the victims' parents reacted to the sentence.
Loreal Castro, 17, was killed when Marquez opened fire outside a party in October 2010.
Castro's family says while they are not satisfied with the sentencing, it does bring some closure.
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Student caught with gun on campus 14 min ago
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor
- Captain of S. Korea ferry among first to escape
- TDCJ van carrying prisoners crashes near El Campo
- Armed robber was never told to report to prison
- Photos: Know any of Harris County's featured...
- Dangerous sex offenders' moving into Houston area? 18 min ago
- There's pee in the water -- again! 46 min ago
- Bush's ride for wounded veterans scheduled for May 59 min ago
- Facebook rolls out location-sharing feature 42 min ago