SWAT team called out to home in east Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- One man is in custody and another is being questioned by police after a standoff early this morning in east Houston.
It all started around 4am at a home on Avenue P at Wayside. Officers say Israel Sanchez was armed with a hammer when he assaulted and choked the woman he lives with and her friend.
The women managed to get out of the house, and another man also came out. After a few hours, Sanchez finally came out, but when he didn't obey SWAT commands to show his hands, officers used bean bags to subdue him.
Right now, only Sanchez faces charges. Officers say as the investigation continues, more charges could be filed.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Photos: Jaguars 24, Texans 17 (3) 2 min ago
- Arctic cold front blows in
- New details emerge about bizarre alleged break-in
- President Obama remarks on passing of Mandela
- Reaction to passing of Nelson Mandela
- Business owner turns to social media to find shoplifter 54 min ago
- Bank-robbing dad gets 24 years in prison
- Strong winter storm threatens to paralyze N. Texas 16 min ago
- Teen girl charged in fight caught on video
- Are more toll lanes what Katy Freeway needs?
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 tonight 2 min ago
- 'Cannibal sandwiches' sicken Wisconsin residents
- Maybe he should have hidden pot elsewhere