SWAT team called out to home in east Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- One man is in custody and another is being questioned by police after a standoff early this morning in east Houston.
It all started around 4am at a home on Avenue P at Wayside. Officers say Israel Sanchez was armed with a hammer when he assaulted and choked the woman he lives with and her friend.
The women managed to get out of the house, and another man also came out. After a few hours, Sanchez finally came out, but when he didn't obey SWAT commands to show his hands, officers used bean bags to subdue him.
Right now, only Sanchez faces charges. Officers say as the investigation continues, more charges could be filed.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Vicious pet cat traps Oregon couple, who call 911
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead
- Mom accused of beating son with mop, bat