Barbecue pit stolen from Killen's Steakhouse in Pearland located
PEARLAND, TX (KTRK) -- The owner of Killen's Steakhouse in Pearland was breathing a little easier Saturday night after the return of an important and expensive piece of equipment that was stolen.
A massive $8,000 barbecue pit parked behind the South Main Street restaurant was taken sometime late Thursday night or early Friday morning.
Killen's Steakhouse sent a Tweet with a photo of the stolen property Saturday, now back with its rightful owner after being found in South Houston.
"BBQ pit has been found, a little more paint added, but found," the Tweet from @killensbbq stated.
This case remains under investigation.
Chef Ronnie Killen offered a $5,000 reward for the return of his stolen barbecue pit. It's unclear whether the tipster will receive that reward because, Killen told us, that person is being investigated as the possible thief.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast 28 min ago
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Williams in talks to reprise 'Mrs. Doubtfire' role
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant
- Student caught with gun on campus
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor
- Photos: Know any of Harris Co.'s featured fugitives?