HPD: Person found dead in bayou near Antoine Drive in northwest Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A body was found Sunday morning at a bayou in northwest Houston.
Houston Police Department officers were called to the 4100 block of Antoine Drive near Highway 290 around 9am.
The body was discovered in a gully just over the edge of an overpass, where the water is only ankle-deep. According to HPD, two teen-aged boys spotted the body. Authorities said the teens did not have phones and couldn't call police, so they flagged down a driver on the overpass.
Police said the driver followed the teens down to the gully where one of them was trying to pull the body out of the water, but stopped because it was too heavy. The driver called police and the boys continued walking along the bayou.
Homicide investigators want to find the teens so they can question them.
The body has not been identified. Police tell us the sex of the victim was male, and the race was white or light-skinned Hispanic. The body was clothed in a black dress, pantyhose and heels.
Please stay with abc13.com for updates.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes 50 min ago
- Sketch released in murder of women found dumped
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie 23 min ago
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- No outings for Clear Lake drowning mom
- Two sent to hospital after gas leak at HISD middle school
- Suspect in violent House of Pies robbery charged
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded