Man charged with girlfriend's murder in Pasadena
PASADENA, TX (KTRK) -- A man is charged with murder in the death of his girlfriend after confessing to his attorney, who then called Pasadena police and reported the crime, officials said.
The lawyer called police just before noon Friday and told them where they could find the victim's body: in her home at Cinnamon Ridge Apartments on Spencer Highway.
Detectives went to the attorney's office to talk to the suspect -- 26-year-old Ivan David Franco. As they spoke to him, officers gained entrance to the woman's apartment and found her body.
The victim is identified as BriAnna Hope Wasinger, 26. According to police, she was killed Wednesday.
Franco was charged with murder. He was out of jail Sunday after posting $50,000 bond.
Additional details, including how the Wisinger was killed, have not been released. At last check, investigators at the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences were working to determine how she died. Please stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for updates.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths 35 min ago
- Texans release TE Owen Daniels
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options 29 min ago
- Pool area evacuated after children begin violently coughing 2 min ago
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Two injured when SUV drives into barber shop
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight 59 min ago
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
44 min ago