Man charged with girlfriend's murder in Pasadena
PASADENA, TX (KTRK) -- A man is charged with murder in the death of his girlfriend after confessing to his attorney, who then called Pasadena police and reported the crime, officials said.
The lawyer called police just before noon Friday and told them where they could find the victim's body: in her home at Cinnamon Ridge Apartments on Spencer Highway.
Detectives went to the attorney's office to talk to the suspect -- 26-year-old Ivan David Franco. As they spoke to him, officers gained entrance to the woman's apartment and found her body.
The victim is identified as BriAnna Hope Wasinger, 26. According to police, she was killed Wednesday.
Franco was charged with murder. He was out of jail Sunday after posting $50,000 bond.
Additional details, including how the Wisinger was killed, have not been released. At last check, investigators at the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences were working to determine how she died. Please stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for updates.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston 31 min ago
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico 11 min ago
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston 48 min ago
- Man allegedly seen on video during burglary charged 41 min ago
- It's Free Stuff Friday!
- Man avoids $525 fine for soda refill
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in San Antonio
- Woman forgives son's killer at the gallows 12 min ago
- Chipotle plans first price hike in 3 years
- Use natural dyes to decorate Easter eggs
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards
- Kansas City highway shooting suspect in custody
- Travis Herzog's midday weather forecast
41 min ago