Woman's body discovered in northeast Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police are investigating the death of a woman whose body was found Monday afternoon in a wooded area in northeast Houston.
Homicide detectives say around 2:30pm, passersby in the 8500 block of Tate near East Houston Road spotted an arm sticking out and called police. When officers arrived at the scene, they found a partially clothed woman who was partially wrapped in blankets and towels.
Detectives say while they don't see any obvious signs of trauma, they do believe her body had been recently dumped there.
Investigators say no one has been reported missing. They are waiting for the medical examiner's office to determine the cause of death.
The victim was described only as a black female.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning 33 min ago
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas 16 min ago
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail 40 min ago
- No charges for Harris Co. judge accused of falsifying records 42 min ago
- Video: Health care sign up deadline approaching 32 min ago
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Boy in need embraces spirit of holiday giving
38 min ago