New area theme park moves step closer to reality
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Houston area will once again have a theme park. It will just take a couple of years before you can enjoy it.
About 600 acres of land off Highway 59 in New Caney has officially been closed on, to create the Grand Texas Theme Park.
We spoke to the developer, Monty Galland, when they were making plans for the park in February. He says Grand Texas will fill the need created after the closure of Astroworld. The park will feature roller coasters, a water park, and a petting zoo.
Construction of the $205 million park is expected to begin later this year, and completed in the spring of 2015.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women 11 min ago
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase 35 min ago
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded 28 min ago
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Shopping for a wireless plan? Check here first 43 min ago
- Battery dead? Use the virtual smartphone 6 min ago
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- Counterfeit health and beauty products arrests in NY 44 min ago
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared 38 min ago