MD Anderson doctor accused of poisoning co-worker's coffee due in court
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A doctor accused of poisoning a romantic partner is expected in court today.
Doctor Ana Maria Gonzales-Angulo is charged with aggravated assault of a family member. Authorities say she put antifreeze in Dr. George Blumenschein's coffee in January.
He is still in the hospital. The two were colleagues at M.D. Anderson.
Gonzales-Angulo denies all wrongdoing and her lawyers claim authorities acted too hastily.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- South Africans mourn, celebrate Mandela
- Winter Weather Advisory issued for northern counties
- Texans fall to Jags for 11th straight loss
- New details emerge about bizarre alleged break-in
- Live: Share Your Holidays Food Drive 53 min ago
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- President Obama remarks on passing of Mandela
- Reaction to passing of Nelson Mandela
- How Mandela changed everything with a rugby jersey
- Ice storm in North Texas cuts power to more than 250K
- Instead of drive-thru breakfast, couple gets bag of cash
- Worker dies in trench collapse in NW Harris County
- They're serious about spitting in Minnesota!
- Business owner turns to social media to find shoplifter