Highly trained narcotics dog goes missing in Chambers County
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There's an all out search for a missing dog -- not just any dog, but a highly trained police drug dog.
The narcotics dog, named Si, went missing from a subdivision in Wallisville. The Chambers County Sheriff's Office animal control and others have been searching for him now for five days.
"When you get him to that level and you see him perform for the first time, it's like watching one of your kids," Si's owner David McNeely said. "It's like watching one of your kids win his first race. It's the only thing I can equate it to."
Si is a two-year-old black pure-bred shepherd. McNeely says he was just certified for police work three months ago. Si works primarily with the Kountze Police Department.
"He just happens to be a dog with special ability that I give to others," McNeely said.
McNeely says Si was last seen in the yard near his kennel last Friday. He was on vacation with his wife and kids. His father in law was watching Si and he left him alone for a few hours. At some point, Si disappeared.
"Starting to worry, nobody in my subdivision has seen him," McNeely said.
McNeely says Si is so well trained that he would never just wander off. He wonders if someone took him. He just wants him back. No questions asked.
"I don't care how he got where he is, I just want him back," McNeely said.
McNeely will offer a reward if that's what it takes even to get Si back. If you have seen Si you can call the Chambers County Sheriff's Office.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, kevin quinn
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston