Man killed after falling into compactor machine in northwest Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities are investigating the death of a man who fell into a compactor machine in northwest Houston Thursday.
The call came into the Houston Police Department as an industrial accident in the 1200 block of West 34th Street.
Authorities say a 33-year-old employee of Consolidated Distributors fell into a mobile compacting machine and died. The machine, which sits in the back of a box truck, is used to crush packaging material.
A rescue truck was called to the scene and crews spent about two hours extracting the victim's body from the machine.
Investigators are calling his death a tragic accident.
The man's identity has not been released.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, jessica willey
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston