Man killed after falling into compactor machine in northwest Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities are investigating the death of a man who fell into a compactor machine in northwest Houston Thursday.
The call came into the Houston Police Department as an industrial accident in the 1200 block of West 34th Street.
Authorities say a 33-year-old employee of Consolidated Distributors fell into a mobile compacting machine and died. The machine, which sits in the back of a box truck, is used to crush packaging material.
A rescue truck was called to the scene and crews spent about two hours extracting the victim's body from the machine.
Investigators are calling his death a tragic accident.
The man's identity has not been released.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, jessica willey
- Six UH students reportedly robbed on campus
- HPD: Husband dies in attempted murder-suicide
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch
- Astronaut may get Christmas wish for spacewalk 12 min ago
- Massive fire breaks out at NE Harris Co. home
- Beyonce's holiday surprise
- McDonald's employee injured during attempted robbery
- Free Stuff Friday: Holiday happenings this weekend 17 min ago
- Woman walking dog near Montrose sexually assaulted
- Coloring book featuring Ted Cruz selling fast
- Multiple people stabbed after Denver football game 34 min ago