Circus performer injured during stunt at Reliant Stadium
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Ringling Brothers Circus performer is recovering after he injured his hand during a stunt involving a tiger at Reliant Stadium.
According to Vincent Communications, the PR firm for the Ringling Brothers Circus, it happened during the 7:30pm Thursday performance at Reliant Stadium.
Performer Alex Lacey "caught his hand" during the double standing tiger walk trick. It remains unclear whether the trainer was cut by the tiger or on some wire. Spectators tell Eyewitness News the tiger appeared to be acting aggressively.
Lacey began bleeding "very noticeably," but he declined to put gauze on his hand until he finished his act.
"He is absolutely fine, but bled quite a bit," the PR firm said.
Stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for the latest details.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire 18 min ago
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Brightening the holiday for underprivileged kids
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 7 min ago
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach 26 min ago
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- SW Houston family loses puppy in overnight fire
- Boy, 10, dies after being trapped in snowbank
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates 6 min ago
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Three Webster officers go before judge today