Officer gets into accident in west Houston while en route to call
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A driver was ticketed after a police cruiser slammed into his car last night in west Houston.
Police say the officer was called to a robbery in progress around 10pm. He had his lights and sirens on when he stopped at a red light on south Dairy Ashford and Westheimer. Police say the officer then went through the intersection and was T-boned by another driver.
That driver was cited for failure to yield the right of way. The officer hurt his wrist when the airbag deployed.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Nice weather for Easter!
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Officials bust meth lab inside million-dollar home
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck