Police chase ends in fiery crash in southwest Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police are still searching for a chase suspect after a fiery crash early this morning in southwest Houston.
It all started around 3:30am on Scott at Bellfort and ended on West Fuqua at Goldfarb.
Officers say they tried to pull the man over because he was driving without his headlights on. But instead of pulling over, the driver took off and eventually ending up driving at speeds of 60 to 70 miles per hour on Almeda Genoa.
When the driver reached West Fuqua, he ran into a utility pole and the vehicle caught fire. The driver jumped out and managed to get away and ran into wooded area.
Officers didn't find any narcotics or any other evidence in that vehicle to give them clues on why the driver took off.
A K-9 unit and a helicopter came out to the scene to help in the search, but didn't find the driver. He remains on the loose.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, elissa rivas
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW 30 min ago
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida 1 min ago
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire 53 min ago
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident
- LA unanimously bans vaping in public places
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- Man dancing on power pole in lifted to...
- David Tillman's weather forecast
25 min ago