Police chase ends in fiery crash in southwest Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police are still searching for a chase suspect after a fiery crash early this morning in southwest Houston.
It all started around 3:30am on Scott at Bellfort and ended on West Fuqua at Goldfarb.
Officers say they tried to pull the man over because he was driving without his headlights on. But instead of pulling over, the driver took off and eventually ending up driving at speeds of 60 to 70 miles per hour on Almeda Genoa.
When the driver reached West Fuqua, he ran into a utility pole and the vehicle caught fire. The driver jumped out and managed to get away and ran into wooded area.
Officers didn't find any narcotics or any other evidence in that vehicle to give them clues on why the driver took off.
A K-9 unit and a helicopter came out to the scene to help in the search, but didn't find the driver. He remains on the loose.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, elissa rivas
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead 48 min ago
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names 6 min ago
- Mateo states his case for cupcakes for dinner 24 min ago
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Woman takes out frustration on Pennsylvania reporter
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing
- David Tillman's weather forecast
32 min ago