Police chase ends in fiery crash in southwest Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police are still searching for a chase suspect after a fiery crash early this morning in southwest Houston.
It all started around 3:30am on Scott at Bellfort and ended on West Fuqua at Goldfarb.
Officers say they tried to pull the man over because he was driving without his headlights on. But instead of pulling over, the driver took off and eventually ending up driving at speeds of 60 to 70 miles per hour on Almeda Genoa.
When the driver reached West Fuqua, he ran into a utility pole and the vehicle caught fire. The driver jumped out and managed to get away and ran into wooded area.
Officers didn't find any narcotics or any other evidence in that vehicle to give them clues on why the driver took off.
A K-9 unit and a helicopter came out to the scene to help in the search, but didn't find the driver. He remains on the loose.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, elissa rivas
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas 16 min ago
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Burglary suspect watches sleeping toddler
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced 5 min ago
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K
- 5 plead guilty after immigrant stash house discovery
- Runoff to determine new Montgomery County judge
- Fire in wood shop fills middle school with smoke
- Case of missing teens solved after 43 years
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
30 min ago
14 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos