All WB lanes of Highway 290 blocked due to wreck
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- An accident involving a heavy truck and a Harris County sheriff's deputy has all westbound lanes of Highway 290 blocked this morning.
The accident happened just before 5:30am on Highway 290 at Baur Road. It's not clear how the accident happened but a heavy truck, carrying what appears to be sand, ended up on its side and the deputy apparently rammed into it.
The driver of the truck was injured and was transported to a nearby hospital. The extent of his injuries is unknown at this time.
The HCSO deputy also sustained minor injuries.
At this point, it's not clear how long the closure will last. Stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for the latest on this closure.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- NASA hopes to avoid emergency spacewalk on ISS 12 min ago
- Woman's life spared by inches in freak accident
- Cyclists ride to honor woman killed in hit-and-run
- Witnesses pull woman from fiery wreck
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today 13 min ago
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- California man accused of running 'revenge porn' site 32 min ago
- No jail for teen whose lawyers argued 'affluenza' 12 min ago
- Two of 3 suspected burglars caught in the act 59 min ago
- Dead leopard, other swag snagged at mansion party
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Restaurant robbery attempt foiled by quick-thinking worker 1 min ago
- Exxon Mobil building evacuated due to fire on roof