12 eligible applicants' names released in 33rd Ward
July 12, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- The Office of the Mayor has released the list of applicants eligible to replace Chicago Alderman Richard Mell.
Fourteen people, including Mell's daughter, State Representative Deb Mell, applied for the 33rd Ward position. Applications had to be in by Thursday.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel created a screening committee to review the applicants, and hopes to have a new alderman selected by the July 24 council meeting.
Mell is retiring later this month.
Twelve of the 14 applicants were found to actually meet the requirements to be alderman. They are:
Robert F. Elrick
Elizabeth Lynn Gomez
Gretchen Carol Helmreich
Jonathan Andrew Markel
Deborah Lynn Mell
Maellen Elizabeth Pittman-Fernandez
Grace Troccolo Rink
Edmund Joseph Sieracki
Matthew Boyd Terry
Andrew Amador Tinajero
Annisa Michele Wanat
Sergiusz Piotr Zgrzebski
- Parts of Astrodome demolished
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband charged
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- 2013 College bowl schedule
- Salvation Army ringer sets 105-hour record
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Officials find 11 dead whales in Florida Keys
- Local post offices open Sundays for holiday rush
- No more ice, but cold weather continues