12 eligible applicants' names released in 33rd Ward
July 12, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- The Office of the Mayor has released the list of applicants eligible to replace Chicago Alderman Richard Mell.
Fourteen people, including Mell's daughter, State Representative Deb Mell, applied for the 33rd Ward position. Applications had to be in by Thursday.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel created a screening committee to review the applicants, and hopes to have a new alderman selected by the July 24 council meeting.
Mell is retiring later this month.
Twelve of the 14 applicants were found to actually meet the requirements to be alderman. They are:
Robert F. Elrick
Elizabeth Lynn Gomez
Gretchen Carol Helmreich
Jonathan Andrew Markel
Deborah Lynn Mell
Maellen Elizabeth Pittman-Fernandez
Grace Troccolo Rink
Edmund Joseph Sieracki
Matthew Boyd Terry
Andrew Amador Tinajero
Annisa Michele Wanat
Sergiusz Piotr Zgrzebski
- weather: Rain falling across our area
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Search expands for missing Rice U student 40 min ago
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods 55 min ago
- Brawl breaks out at funeral home on Houston's south side
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Motorcyclist dies in crash with wrecker
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Officers' body cameras raise privacy concerns
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Police investigating north Houston nightclub stabbing