Mother settles breastfeeding lawsuit against Cook County, Sheriff Tom Dart
July 12, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- A mother settled her lawsuit against Cook County and Sheriff Tom Dart regarding a woman's right to breastfeed in public.
Natalie Petrovic said she was breastfeeding her daughter at the courthouse in Skokie last year when a sheriff's deputy told her she had to move to a bathroom.
Petrovic argued she could legally breast feed anywhere. Under the settlement, the sheriff has agreed to provide training to his employees and post information at county courthouses.
- Bodies of two women found in Galveston County
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home 56 min ago
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Video: Generous students get visit from big Texan
- Save during spring break with freebies 13 min ago
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah