Anti-violence groups plead for peace in Chicago
July 12, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Reverend Jesse Jackson is calling for calm when the verdict is reached in the Zimmerman trial.
On Friday night, he joined Father Michael Pfleger from St. Sabina Catholic Church for a march around the neighborhood to denounce violence here in Chicago.
Hadiya Pendleton's mother spoke about the pain of losing her daughter to a shooting.
"I'm tired of crying. I don't have no tears for you, this is not for show, this is my life. This is my life, whether the cameras are on or off, and unfortunately no one is doing anything to protect everyone else's life," said Cleopatra Cowley-Pendleton, Hadiya Pendleton's mother.
NBA Hall-of-Famer Isaiah Thomas and Mayor Rahm Emanuel took in a basketball game Friday night at Kennicott Park as part of the Windy City Hoops program that tries to keep kids active and out of trouble.
- Child killed by falling tree branch
- HPD: Cop impersonator shot man during struggle 58 min ago
- 3 shoplifting suspects nabbed after hour-long chase
- HISD school principal accused of shoplifting
- Family blames company for flammable water
- Texans can still make the playoffs if...
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Woman warning others after car sale goes awry
- When fictional sex is bad, really bad
- Last day of warm before the temperatures drop
- Because chimps are 'people' too....?
- Video: Saving money on holiday cards
- Which states swear the most on the phone
- Mom, 17, fatally stabbed while holding baby