Woman dies in apartment fire on Montgomery Park Drive in Conroe
CONROE, TX (KTRK) -- A woman was killed when her apartment burst into flames in Conroe overnight.
Crews were called to Cimarron Park Apartments in the 2200 block of Montgomery Park Boulevard just before 3am.
Police first arrived on scene and helped residents escape to safety. They found a 67-year-old woman who was inside the unit that was on fire, and they pulled her out through a window.
Firefighters extinguished the blaze after about an hour, but the 67-year-old resident died at the scene.
No other injuries were reported.
The cause of the fire is under investigation. Officials are looking into whether an oxygen tank explosion may have sparked the blaze.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Officials bust meth lab inside million-dollar home
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- Help the TSU band get to Canton with Michael Strahan