Woman dies in apartment fire on Montgomery Park Drive in Conroe
CONROE, TX (KTRK) -- A woman was killed when her apartment burst into flames in Conroe overnight.
Crews were called to Cimarron Park Apartments in the 2200 block of Montgomery Park Boulevard just before 3am.
Police first arrived on scene and helped residents escape to safety. They found a 67-year-old woman who was inside the unit that was on fire, and they pulled her out through a window.
Firefighters extinguished the blaze after about an hour, but the 67-year-old resident died at the scene.
No other injuries were reported.
The cause of the fire is under investigation. Officials are looking into whether an oxygen tank explosion may have sparked the blaze.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- NASA hopes to avoid emergency spacewalk on ISS 13 min ago
- Woman's life spared by inches in freak accident
- Cyclists ride to honor woman killed in hit-and-run
- Witnesses pull woman from fiery wreck
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today 14 min ago
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- California man accused of running 'revenge porn' site 33 min ago
- No jail for teen whose lawyers argued 'affluenza' 13 min ago
- Two of 3 suspected burglars caught in the act
- Dead leopard, other swag snagged at mansion party
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Restaurant robbery attempt foiled by quick-thinking worker 2 min ago
- Exxon Mobil building evacuated due to fire on roof