Officials: Fisherman drowns in 3 feet of water at Lake Conroe
CONROE, TX (KTRK) -- A 42-year-old man drowned Saturday while fishing with friends at Lake Conroe.
Around 9:30am, the man and his friends were fishing near Stubblefield Lake Road when he lost his footing and fell into the water. Officials tell us the water was only about 3 feet deep, but the man was submerged and his friends were unable to rescue him.
A Lake Conroe Fire Department rescue crew pulled the man from the water, but efforts to revive him were unsuccessful.
Officials said he may have had some underlying medical issues. He was not wearing a flotation device. Authorities are still investigating why this happened at such a shallow depth.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Two dead in NW Houston nursing home shooting 10 min ago
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- UH student robbed of phone on campus
- Harris County IDs suspects in meat market break-ins
- Family, dog escape north Houston house fire 24 min ago
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- IRS awards bonuses to 1,100 who owe back taxes
- Massive shark reeled in from Gulf
- Toddler flown to hospital after dog bit him in the face
- Woman says used car's sweet deal turned sour
- Volunteer fire chief dies while battling Brazoria Co. fire