Officials: Fisherman drowns in 3 feet of water at Lake Conroe
CONROE, TX (KTRK) -- A 42-year-old man drowned Saturday while fishing with friends at Lake Conroe.
Around 9:30am, the man and his friends were fishing near Stubblefield Lake Road when he lost his footing and fell into the water. Officials tell us the water was only about 3 feet deep, but the man was submerged and his friends were unable to rescue him.
A Lake Conroe Fire Department rescue crew pulled the man from the water, but efforts to revive him were unsuccessful.
Officials said he may have had some underlying medical issues. He was not wearing a flotation device. Authorities are still investigating why this happened at such a shallow depth.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- NASA hopes to avoid emergency spacewalk on ISS
- Woman's life spared by inches in freak accident
- Cyclists ride to honor woman killed in hit-and-run
- Witnesses pull woman from fiery wreck
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft 26 min ago
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- California man accused of running 'revenge porn' site
- Motorcyclist dies after colliding with car 23 min ago
- Are more Doritos-flavored foods on the way? 40 min ago
- Astrodome to be considered historic landmark
- No jail for teen whose lawyers argued 'affluenza'
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees