Officials: Fisherman drowns in 3 feet of water at Lake Conroe
CONROE, TX (KTRK) -- A 42-year-old man drowned Saturday while fishing with friends at Lake Conroe.
Around 9:30am, the man and his friends were fishing near Stubblefield Lake Road when he lost his footing and fell into the water. Officials tell us the water was only about 3 feet deep, but the man was submerged and his friends were unable to rescue him.
A Lake Conroe Fire Department rescue crew pulled the man from the water, but efforts to revive him were unsuccessful.
Officials said he may have had some underlying medical issues. He was not wearing a flotation device. Authorities are still investigating why this happened at such a shallow depth.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Sketch released in murder of women found dumped
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- No outings for Clear Lake drowning mom
- Two sent to hospital after gas leak at HISD middle school
- Suspect in violent House of Pies robbery charged
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- McDonald's game plan to win back customers
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born