Officials: Fisherman drowns in 3 feet of water at Lake Conroe
CONROE, TX (KTRK) -- A 42-year-old man drowned Saturday while fishing with friends at Lake Conroe.
Around 9:30am, the man and his friends were fishing near Stubblefield Lake Road when he lost his footing and fell into the water. Officials tell us the water was only about 3 feet deep, but the man was submerged and his friends were unable to rescue him.
A Lake Conroe Fire Department rescue crew pulled the man from the water, but efforts to revive him were unsuccessful.
Officials said he may have had some underlying medical issues. He was not wearing a flotation device. Authorities are still investigating why this happened at such a shallow depth.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- 4 killed, 3 injured in Pasadena taxi cab wreck 4 min ago
- Arrest made in fatal shooting of security guard 12 min ago
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir 5 min ago
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip club
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today 49 min ago
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies 19 min ago
- Behold, the pizza cake 17 min ago
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290 21 min ago
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident