Driver in custody after pedestrian killed
July 13, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- A 22-year-old Oak Park man was killed early Saturday morning after being struck by car as he was crossing Harlem Avenue at Jackson.
The car then took off, but police stopped it within minutes of the crash. The driver was taken into custody for suspicion of driving under the influence.
The victim, who name is being withheld until family is notified, was crossing with two friends around 3 a.m. when he was hit. His companions were not injured.
Charges have not yet been filed.
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale