Driver in custody after pedestrian killed
July 13, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- A 22-year-old Oak Park man was killed early Saturday morning after being struck by car as he was crossing Harlem Avenue at Jackson.
The car then took off, but police stopped it within minutes of the crash. The driver was taken into custody for suspicion of driving under the influence.
The victim, who name is being withheld until family is notified, was crossing with two friends around 3 a.m. when he was hit. His companions were not injured.
Charges have not yet been filed.
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft
- NASA hopes to avoid emergency spacewalk on ISS
- Woman's life spared by inches in freak accident
- Cyclists ride to honor woman killed in hit-and-run
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- Kim Jong Un's uncle executed as traitor 2 min ago
- Bride accused of pushing husband off cliff pleads guilty
- What was interpreter REALLY signing
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- 'Fake' interpreter: 'I was hallucinating'
- Driver charged after turning to cosmetic for revenge
- California man accused of running 'revenge porn' site
- YouTube Rewind: What does 2013 say? 28 min ago