Same sex marriage proponents rally
July 13, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Activists gather for a rally calling for the passage of the marriage equality legislation currently pending before the state house of representatives.
As supporters of same sex marriage waved their rainbow flags a variety of speakers pushed for action on the stalled bill.
Following the rally, participants marched north past the Taste of Chicago to Washington Square Park, the site of the beginning of the first Pride Parade in Chicago.
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Nice weather for Easter!
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Officials bust meth lab inside million-dollar home
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck