8-year-old girl's death ruled homicide
July 13, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Investigators are looking into the death of 8-year-old Gizzell Ford, who was found dead in her home in the 5200 block of West Adams Friday morning.
Police have ruled the girl's death a homicide and say the child was abused.
There are no charges filed yet, but the Department of Children and Family Services is investigating the girl's grandmother.
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star 18 min ago
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW 17 min ago
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston 1 min ago
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin