Man charged with arson in northwest Harris County flea market fire
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man is charged with arson after a fire at a flea market Saturday morning in northwest Harris County.
Crews responded to the blaze around 10am at the Mercado #6 Market Place in the 7300 block of Highway 6.
According to investigators, Nazir Yari poured an ignitable liquid on a concrete area and then set the liquid on fire in an attempt to burn his trailer.
Yari was arrested and charged with arson and possession of marijuana.
There were no reports of injuries from the fire.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Road rage incident ends with scare for young girl 1 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- One dead in auto-pedestrian wreck on south side of town
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck wil be charged
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston 12 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Miss America comes to the aid of suspended student 9 min ago
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians