Man charged with arson in northwest Harris County flea market fire
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man is charged with arson after a fire at a flea market Saturday morning in northwest Harris County.
Crews responded to the blaze around 10am at the Mercado #6 Market Place in the 7300 block of Highway 6.
According to investigators, Nazir Yari poured an ignitable liquid on a concrete area and then set the liquid on fire in an attempt to burn his trailer.
Yari was arrested and charged with arson and possession of marijuana.
There were no reports of injuries from the fire.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Dad's murder trial too much for him to watch
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus 54 min ago
- Winter weather wreaks havoc across North Texas
- Texans fire special teams coach Joe Marciano
- South Africans mourn, celebrate Mandela
- Personal info of 1,300 patients stolen, says Methodist Hospital 6 min ago
- Police: Galveston pair arrested with 13 pounds of marijuana
- New METRO rail line nearly ready for riders 31 min ago
- Instead of drive-thru breakfast, couple gets bag of cash
- Worker dies in trench collapse in NW Harris County
- Photos: Share Your Holidays Food Drive
- Business owner turns to social media to find shoplifter
- They're serious about spitting in Minnesota!