Gas station awning collapses in Cypress due to weather
CYPRESS, TX (KTRK) -- Two families seeking shelter from the storm Sunday night in Cypress were caught under a gas station awning when it collapsed.
Cy-Fair volunteer firefighters got the call just after 8pm. It happened at a Shell station on Tuckerton Road at Queenston Boulevard.
The manager says the gas station was days from opening.
Both families were in their vehicles when the awning came down. One woman was transported to an area hospital, but firefighters do not believe her injuries are life threatening. No other injuries were reported.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, christine dobbyn
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale