Teen critical after accidental shooting near Rice University
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A teenager is on life support this morning following an accidental shooting near Rice University.
Police were called to a home on Dunstan near Ashby around 8:30 last night. They found a teenager with a gunshot wound. He was rushed to a hospital in critical condition.
Investigators say two people were home at the time, including an adult who owns the pistol involved.
No additional details were released. According to officers, the shooting appears be an accident. It's unclear if any charges will be filed in this case.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home
- Parents sue city of Houston over daughter's death 33 min ago
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- Keenum out; Schaub to start against Broncos 36 min ago
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- New cameras to help cops settle disputes
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- One dead, others injured in Baytown wreck 36 min ago
- Feds to reduce stimulus due to improving job market
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Man wanted in deadly W. Harris Co. shooting turns self in
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day