Two people killed, four injured in suspected DWI crash in Brookshire
BROOKSHIRE, TX (KTRK) -- Two people died in a crash Sunday in Waller County, and the driver who allegedly caused the incident now faces charges.
It happened around 3:20pm on FM 359 near Stenzel Road in Brookshire.
The Waller County Sheriff's Office tells us at least three vehicles were involved in the crash and two people died.
According to a spokesperson for the Texas Department of Public Safety, a 20-year-old man was driving south on FM 359 and passing vehicles on the shoulder when he lost control and crossed into the northbound lanes.
DPS said his vehicle hit a car, killing the driver and injuring one passenger. The man's vehicle then reportedly spun around and hit a second car, killing the driver of that car and injuring two passengers.
The 20-year-old was taken to an area hospital and showed signs of intoxication, officials said. He faces charges on two counts of intoxication manslaughter.
Investigators told us four people were in the hospital Sunday night, including the suspect.
FM 359 was shut down between Durkin and Royal while troopers investigated.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston 34 min ago
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested 5 min ago
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women 26 min ago
- Man allegedly seen on video during burglary charged
- It's Free Stuff Friday!
- Police: Man suffocated son so he could play video games
- SpaceX launches supplies to space station 48 min ago
- Easter on 4/20, pot holy day; pastors reach out
- University overstated fiscal health by some $23M
- Man avoids $525 fine for soda refill
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally