Toll roads planned for Montgomery County
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- One, and possibly two, toll roads are being planned in Montgomery County.
One toll road would start at the Grand Parkway just inside the county line, then head north between I-45 and Highway 59. The toll road would end at some point along 105 East.
A second proposed toll road would also start at the Grand Parkway, at the south county line, but veer west of I-45. That segment would end at some point along 105 West.
The proposed toll roads were discussed Monday at Montgomery County commissioners' court. The next step in the process is a mobility study. We'll keep you posted on any major developments and exactly when construction on the toll roads may start.
This story was brought to you through our partnership with Houston Community Newspapers. You can read more about it in the Cypress Creek Mirror.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston