Man found guilty of capital murder for killing 7-year-old boy back in 1992
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- More than 20 years after a little boy was kidnapped and murdered, his killer has been brought to justice.
Monday afternoon a jury found Obel Cruz-Garcia guilty of killing a seven-year-old boy. He was accused of abducting and killing Angelo Garcia, Jr., back in 1992 during a home invasion. The little boy's body was found six weeks later.
The case remained cold for nearly two decades until DNA evidence linked Cruz-Garcia to the crime scene.
Cruz-Garcia was convicted of capital murder. The punishment phase of his trial begins next. He faces life in prison or the death penalty.
- Kubiak era ends in Houston 13 min ago
- Dad's murder trial too much for him to watch
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus
- Winter weather wreaks havoc across North Texas
- Texans fire special teams coach Joe Marciano
- South Africans mourn, celebrate Mandela
- Methodist: Personal info of 1,300 transplant patients stolen 4 min ago
- Officer who fired at van with kids in it fired 23 min ago
- Feds order changes following deadly train derailment 23 min ago
- Police: Galveston pair arrested with 13 pounds of marijuana
- New METRO rail line nearly ready for riders
- NKorea: Detained elderly American veteran deported 23 min ago
- Ohio Amish girl won't be forced to have chemo 23 min ago
- Judge: Cake maker must serve gay couples 23 min ago