Houston again tops on list of best hospitals
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- We have the new list of best hospitals and how Houston hospitals rank.
US News and World Report says MD Anderson is again the number 1 cancer hospital in the nation. It's been number 1 for 10 of the past 12 years.
In the best overall hospital category, number one in both Houston and in Texas is Houston Methodist Hospital, which was formerly known as the Methodist Hospital. M.o<Mo< St. Luke's Episcopal hospital is number two in Houston.
MD Anderson was ranked third in Houston followed by Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center. The Menninger Clinic and TIRR Memorial Hermann are tied for number five. Memorial Hermann Northwest was seventh. There is a three-way tie for eighth -- Memorial Hermann Memorial City, Methodist Willowbrook and San Jacinto Methodist.
In specialty hospitals, Texas Children's Hospital was number four in the country for children's hospitals. And Texas Heart Institute was number 10 in the nation for heart centers.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list 31 min ago
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead
- More Houstonians using METRO system
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Woman accused of preying on elderly man
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- Police: Miley fan sneaked into Omaha dressing room
- 'Burger King baby' now seeks birth mom on Facebook