Houston again tops on list of best hospitals
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- We have the new list of best hospitals and how Houston hospitals rank.
US News and World Report says MD Anderson is again the number 1 cancer hospital in the nation. It's been number 1 for 10 of the past 12 years.
In the best overall hospital category, number one in both Houston and in Texas is Houston Methodist Hospital, which was formerly known as the Methodist Hospital. M.o<Mo< St. Luke's Episcopal hospital is number two in Houston.
MD Anderson was ranked third in Houston followed by Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center. The Menninger Clinic and TIRR Memorial Hermann are tied for number five. Memorial Hermann Northwest was seventh. There is a three-way tie for eighth -- Memorial Hermann Memorial City, Methodist Willowbrook and San Jacinto Methodist.
In specialty hospitals, Texas Children's Hospital was number four in the country for children's hospitals. And Texas Heart Institute was number 10 in the nation for heart centers.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95 7 min ago
- Arctic cold front blows in 56 min ago
- Bank-robbing dad gets 24 years in prison
- Dr. accused of writing 'whore' on woman's mirror
- Live: ABC News coverage of Mandela's death 17 min ago
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 tonight
- Topless woman chases peeping tom through store
- Testimony continues in baby death trial
- Officials: Texas teacher shot, killed in Benghazi
- No charges for FSU QB accused of rape
- Burning stolen truck missing $180,000 of tools
- Fast food workers plan to again protest wages
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Can you say this tongue twister?