Woman injured in League City jet ski accident
LEAGUE CITY, TX (KTRK) -- A 20-year-old woman is recovering at a hospital after a jet ski accident Tuesday afternoon.
It happened around 5:30pm in Clear Creek near the 1000 block of Highway 3. Authorities say the victim was riding behind a another woman on a jet ski when she fell off and possibly hit her head on a piling.
Another jet skier saw the accident and called authorities for help.
Police, EMS and the League City Volunteer Fire Department responded to the call and the woman was taken to the Clear Creek Regional Medical Center.
No one else was hurt in the accident.
One lane of Highway 3 near the scene was shut down temporarily.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
league city, local
- College student from Baytown fatally shot 8 min ago
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Dad's murder trial too much for him to watch
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus
- Texans fire special teams coach Joe Marciano
- Homeowner questions handling of Christmas package 51 min ago
- Methodist: Personal info of 1,300 transplant patients stolen
- Winter weather wreaks havoc across North Texas
- Officer who fired at van with kids in it fired
- Feds order changes following deadly train derailment
- Police: Galveston pair arrested with 13 pounds of marijuana
- New METRO rail line nearly ready for riders
- NKorea: Detained elderly American veteran deported
- Ohio Amish girl won't be forced to have chemo
- Scary passenger plane landing attempt
33 min ago