Houston mom, 2 kids still in hospital after NY crash
HERKIMER, NY -- A Texas woman and two of her seven children remain hospitalized in Syracuse after their van crashed on the Thruway during a vacation trip, killing the woman's mother.
State police say 42-year-old Jennifer Hodson of Houston, Texas is listed in good condition at Upstate University Hospital, where her 13-year-old son and 14-year-old daughter are listed in critical condition.
Troopers say Hodson was driving in Interstate 90's eastbound lanes near Herkimer Sunday afternoon when her van crashed into the median, re-entered the road and overturned several times. The crash killed her mother, 67-year-old Tanya Evans, of Annandale, Va., and injured Hodson's seven children ranging in age from 3 to 16.
Police say the other five children were treated at hospitals and released.
Troopers say the family was headed from Niagara Falls to Boston when the crash occurred.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena 38 min ago
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant 4 min ago
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead 6 min ago
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Woman takes out frustration on Pennsylvania reporter 5 min ago
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing
- Federal government could get involved in school fight