Houston mom, 2 kids still in hospital after NY crash
HERKIMER, NY -- A Texas woman and two of her seven children remain hospitalized in Syracuse after their van crashed on the Thruway during a vacation trip, killing the woman's mother.
State police say 42-year-old Jennifer Hodson of Houston, Texas is listed in good condition at Upstate University Hospital, where her 13-year-old son and 14-year-old daughter are listed in critical condition.
Troopers say Hodson was driving in Interstate 90's eastbound lanes near Herkimer Sunday afternoon when her van crashed into the median, re-entered the road and overturned several times. The crash killed her mother, 67-year-old Tanya Evans, of Annandale, Va., and injured Hodson's seven children ranging in age from 3 to 16.
Police say the other five children were treated at hospitals and released.
Troopers say the family was headed from Niagara Falls to Boston when the crash occurred.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase in north Houston
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer 5 min ago
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038 33 min ago
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Suspected drunk driver in Atascocita fatal crash due in court 30 min ago