Fire breaks out at scrap metal yard in Pasadena
PASADENA, TX (KTRK) -- Emergency crews responded to a fire at a scrap metal yard in Pasadena.
The fire broke out after 10am at the shop on North Witter near Red Bluff.
Fire officials say it's an old reactor from a chemical plant and they say it caught fire when workers were trying to dismantle it using a torch.
A shelter-in-place was issued for half mile around the business but it has since been canceled. There are no reports of injuries.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect
- Helping military families, one child at a time
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Young artists put on unique display
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Man killed by authorities 'Into the wild' hunter
- Sea survivor keeps promise he made to dead friend
- Daughter asks: Who did I bury?
- Workers recover Bible from rubble of NYC buildings
- Police: Man lived with dead wife for days
- Girl, 5, spends day at wrong school
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods