Fire breaks out at scrap metal yard in Pasadena
PASADENA, TX (KTRK) -- Emergency crews responded to a fire at a scrap metal yard in Pasadena.
The fire broke out after 10am at the shop on North Witter near Red Bluff.
Fire officials say it's an old reactor from a chemical plant and they say it caught fire when workers were trying to dismantle it using a torch.
A shelter-in-place was issued for half mile around the business but it has since been canceled. There are no reports of injuries.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold 33 min ago
- Chase suspect crashes into tree in NW Houston
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- Mystery illness kills 4 in Montgomery County
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Family escapes house fire in east Houston 13 min ago
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known 58 min ago
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day
- Man victimized in 'knockout game' style attack
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Ashby High Rise opponents dealt winning hand
- Man tries to trade gator for beer
- Half-ton chocolate Santa on display at Hilton Americas
- Guide dog saves blind man who fell on subway tracks 7 min ago
- Outrage over request asked of cancer patient
16 min ago