Fundraiser begun for Houston area family after NY crash
HERKIMER, NY -- More than $45,000 has been raised online for the eight members of a Texas family who were injured in central New York when their van crashed during a vacation trip.
Karl Mortensen of Cicero, near Syracuse, says an account has been set up on a fundraising website for his sister-in-law's family. They were traveling to Massachusetts last Sunday when their van crashed and overturned on the Thruway near Herkimer.
State police say Jennifer Hodson of the Houston suburb of Clear Lake was driving when the van crashed. Her 67-year-old mother was killed.
Hodson and her seven children ranging in age from 4 to 16 were injured. Five were treated and released and are staying at Mortensen's home.
Hodson was released from the hospital and is also at Mortensen's. Her other two children, ages 13 and 14, remain hospitalized.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
new york, local
- HPD officer responding to call involved in wreck 36 min ago
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Notable events that happened on this date in history 23 min ago
- College students paid to take a year off?
- HoustonRodeo 'Moves like Jagger'
- Pearland mother finalist for 'Unstoppable Mom' contest 11 min ago
- Motorcycle chase ends in fiery crash with patrol vehicle 44 min ago
- Americans spend $56 billion on pets 33 min ago
- Free Stuff Friday! 54 min ago
- Avoid baggage fees with these packing tips
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom