Fundraiser begun for Houston area family after NY crash
HERKIMER, NY -- More than $45,000 has been raised online for the eight members of a Texas family who were injured in central New York when their van crashed during a vacation trip.
Karl Mortensen of Cicero, near Syracuse, says an account has been set up on a fundraising website for his sister-in-law's family. They were traveling to Massachusetts last Sunday when their van crashed and overturned on the Thruway near Herkimer.
State police say Jennifer Hodson of the Houston suburb of Clear Lake was driving when the van crashed. Her 67-year-old mother was killed.
Hodson and her seven children ranging in age from 4 to 16 were injured. Five were treated and released and are staying at Mortensen's home.
Hodson was released from the hospital and is also at Mortensen's. Her other two children, ages 13 and 14, remain hospitalized.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
new york, local
- Dr. accused of harassing woman she calls 'whore' 7 min ago
- Detectives: Two shot at home near Pearland 53 min ago
- Dad on trial for infant's beating death 56 min ago
- Child killed by falling tree branch
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- ABC13 broacasting Texans vs. Jags game Thursday night 17 min ago
- Man finds his brother murdered in home
- HPD: Cop impersonator shot man during struggle
- Ohio murder suspect nabbed at Houston buffet restaurant 3 min ago
- Thief steals man's pants and shoots him 45 min ago
- HISD school principal accused of shoplifting
- Search for Missouri fugitive moves to Houston
- Nude pics on Instagram lead to sex assault suspects
- Police searching for driver who struck, killed bicyclist
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
16 min ago