Thieves target several auto parts stores in SW Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police say thieves using specialized tools stole the contents from safes in auto parts stores overnight. The crew is believed to have broken into four businesses overnight and could be responsible for other recent break-ins.
Authorities got a call around 3am to the O'Reilly Auto Parts store in the 6500 block of Bissonett.
The suspects got in the stores by smashing the glass on the front doors. Police say they were not after the merchandise, but had a clear target once they got inside.
Police say once the burglars smashed the glass, they headed straight for the store's safe, which they pried open using some kind of hydraulic tool. The crooks left with the contents of the safe and didn't bother taking anything else.
Police say this was the fourth burglary of this particular chain of stores overnight. The thieves were long gone by the time officers arrived.
The store's manager says the thieves were not caught on surveillance video. Police are asking anyone who saw anything suspicious to give them a call.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, simon gutierrez
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Robber dashes out of vision store with pricy shades
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson off the show after gay remark
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable
- Video: Lovie Smith interviews with Texans 28 min ago
- Video: JJ Watt now a superhero 28 min ago
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse
- Jury reaches verdict in disputed Farrah Fawcett portrait
- Travis Herzog's Thursday forecast
33 min ago
- Lovie Smith interviews with Texans
28 min ago
- JJ Watt now a superhero
28 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos