Thieves target several auto parts stores in SW Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police say thieves using specialized tools stole the contents from safes in auto parts stores overnight. The crew is believed to have broken into four businesses overnight and could be responsible for other recent break-ins.
Authorities got a call around 3am to the O'Reilly Auto Parts store in the 6500 block of Bissonett.
The suspects got in the stores by smashing the glass on the front doors. Police say they were not after the merchandise, but had a clear target once they got inside.
Police say once the burglars smashed the glass, they headed straight for the store's safe, which they pried open using some kind of hydraulic tool. The crooks left with the contents of the safe and didn't bother taking anything else.
Police say this was the fourth burglary of this particular chain of stores overnight. The thieves were long gone by the time officers arrived.
The store's manager says the thieves were not caught on surveillance video. Police are asking anyone who saw anything suspicious to give them a call.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, simon gutierrez
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Burglary suspect watches sleeping toddler
- Fire in wood shop fills middle school with smoke
- Case of missing teens solved after 43 years 32 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Fashion trucks take over downtown Houston
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Over the top promposal had cops in on the secret
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- How to lose the last 10 pounds
- Man killed while trying to cross North Freeway
- Missing stop sign blamed for accident in Montgomery Co.