Man dies just after being charged in 1987 killing
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The suspect recently charged in the 1987 murder of Jacqueline Anderson died Friday morning.
Roman Martinez, 71, was just arrested and charged with capital murder this past week. Cold case detectives say Martinez admitted to burglarizing Anderson's home, stealing her purse and killing her nearly 26 years ago.
Martinez was a sex offender and violent criminal who has been in and out of jail since the 1950s.
He died in a hospital. His cause of death has not been made public.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW 40 min ago
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida 3 min ago
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident
- LA unanimously bans vaping in public places
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- Man dancing on power pole in lifted to...
- David Tillman's weather forecast
35 min ago