Man dies just after being charged in 1987 killing
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The suspect recently charged in the 1987 murder of Jacqueline Anderson died Friday morning.
Roman Martinez, 71, was just arrested and charged with capital murder this past week. Cold case detectives say Martinez admitted to burglarizing Anderson's home, stealing her purse and killing her nearly 26 years ago.
Martinez was a sex offender and violent criminal who has been in and out of jail since the 1950s.
He died in a hospital. His cause of death has not been made public.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- HPD: Fight between roommates ends in shooting 1 min ago
- Coyote's wild run through Hobby, but no roadrunner in sight 8 min ago
- Time Magazine names its Person of the Year
- Video from violent fast food robbery released
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- More Astrodome seats to go on sale today
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Marine's body sent home without heart
- Want to buy pot, legally? Head to Uruguay
- Female libido drug remains in limbo
- Mandela's body arrives for viewing in South Africa
- Special member of abc13 family passes away
- Winning Mega Millions jackpot numbers drawn
- David Tillman's midday weather forecast
27 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos