Houston tops list of best cities for recent college graduates
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A new study from MSN suggests the best cities around the US for recent college graduates. The website did the rankings when it comes to job growth, unemployment rate and salaries for new grads as well as percentage of people in the same age group.
Houston came in at the top of the list. The ranking says Houston is creating more jobs than any other US city. The job growth is 3.8 percent. Unemployment is 6.2 percent and grads make $38,000 on average out of school.
Boston, Massachusetts, was number two on the list with 1.9 percent job growth and lower unemployment -- at 5.9 percent. Grads also make on average $42,000 a year.
Austin rounds out the top three, with job growth at more than 3 percent, unemployment less than 5 percent and salaries averaging $32,000 a year.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Police: Woman tried to abduct boy walking to school
- HFD vehicle involved in deadly accident
- ABC13 gets exclusive tour of home after drug bust
- Neighbors forced to pull up community garden
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Arrested partiers claim Galveston police went too far
- HPD officer involved in northeast Houston crash
- Fire engulfs northeast Houston home
- Obama imposes sanctions over Ukraine crisis
- Man to be tried as adult for deadly childhood attack
- Two arrested in deadly hit-and-run on FM 1960
- Woman asleep in Bieber's rented home arrested
- Woman's mummified body found at Detroit-area home
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos