Houston tops list of best cities for recent college graduates
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A new study from MSN suggests the best cities around the US for recent college graduates. The website did the rankings when it comes to job growth, unemployment rate and salaries for new grads as well as percentage of people in the same age group.
Houston came in at the top of the list. The ranking says Houston is creating more jobs than any other US city. The job growth is 3.8 percent. Unemployment is 6.2 percent and grads make $38,000 on average out of school.
Boston, Massachusetts, was number two on the list with 1.9 percent job growth and lower unemployment -- at 5.9 percent. Grads also make on average $42,000 a year.
Austin rounds out the top three, with job growth at more than 3 percent, unemployment less than 5 percent and salaries averaging $32,000 a year.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident